Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Joe's Valley

Well, Joe's Valley is great. The problems are fun, aesthetic, and kind on the ego. The weather...well, its been cooperative so far, but its been reluctant. The wind has been the main issue. If it were not for the wind it would be perfect here right now. Snow is forecast for tomorrow and with gusts up to 45mph I think we're going to take back to back rest days.

Did some hiking today and looked for new boulders. I'd spied one in particular yesterday up on a hillside that looked promising. It was. Also, went to look for some of Isaac Caldiero's new problems. Found those too. There's some nice ones up there, I wish I'd brought my camera.

Alas, this trip is already too short. Each time I come here I leave feeling woefully unsatisfied with the length of the trip. Maybe if the weather sucks in CA when I get back I'll turn around and come back to Utah. Hmmm...

Monica on 'Filla Void'

1 comment:

Susy said...

The weather in Cali doesn't suck at all - high 70's and the winds aren't as fierce as you're experiencing. Nice days to walk two brown & white pooches. You should try it sometime.........