Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bishop

Just got back from my first visit back to Bishop, CA in almost a year (eleven and a half months, to be exact). It was a really nice trip albeit shorter than I would have liked. I g0t to hang out with a lot of my favorite people and climb on some cool problems, most of which were new to me too. The highlight for me on the climbing front was a quick ascent of the problem 'Xavier's Roof'. I had been wanting to try this problem for a while and was delighted to do it in a singe short session, especially after falling short on a couple of other problems. Really the best part of this trip was the time spent hanging with my friends and with Turtle. Turtle pulled her weight this week by carrying my water on several occasions. What mule!

All that water is heavy.


Randy making the 'Buttermilker' look easy :)

Beth on the 'Buttermilk Stem'

Peanut hitching a ride.

Here, of course, is a video of some problems from the last 10 days or so.



I'm headed to Phoenix this weekend to spend some time with my Dad and my sister and to watch a little spring training baseball. Till next time...

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Nice update! Watching the video make me miss the Bishop road trips. :(

James said...

cool video.