Monday, May 25, 2009

Loon Lake


Becky and I headed up the Loonies this weekend. It had been a while since I'd been there and Becky had never been. It was really nice as far as the weather was concerned, the mosquitoes were a bit much but that's par for the course in the Sierras this time of year. I forgot my camera (unbelievable right?) so you'll have to settle for old pictures from about two years ago.

Peter on 'Flight Plan'

On Sunday some of the Bay crew showed up as well as Wick and his girlfriend Kristen. It was kind of like a mini preview of the Rocklands crew because everyone there except Daniel (and the dogs) will be in Africa this summer, SICK! We decided to come home a day early in an effort to beat the heinous traffic on Monday, and because Becky had a test to take today, AND because my bicep has been bothering me a bit. I aggravated it on 'Greener Pastures' in the Valley maybe two weeks ago and it flared up a bit yesterday. I'm anxious about it because I really want to train and be in top form for Africa, but of course I don't want it to turn into a serious injury that will limit what I can do while I'm there. Argh!

In other news I'm finally moving out of Peter's house in Davis. Its gonna be a bit of a pain in the ass but I gotta get it done sooner rather than later. On a related subject... Anyone interested in having a ornery but very sweet dog for about five weeks this summer?

1 comment:

James said...

take it easy on the bicep. Climb for fun. Training so close to your departure won't make you significantly stronger but it will increase your rick of injury. It'll probably take you a week or more to get used to the climbing there anyway. Being stronger than normal won't help as much as having an injury free body.