Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Training and Yosemite

For the past month or so I've been driving down to Oakland to train at the Great Western Power Company. I could probably spend more time climbing outdoors right now, but my number one focus is to get into the best shape of my climbing life for my trip to South Africa this summer. Its okay too because I actually really enjoy the workouts. Last night, for example, I climbed, did some rings, some weighted hangs, and finished with a little more climbing for a 5 1/2 hour workout. I'm already feeling sore and I love it.

I'm really grateful for all of my friends who have been (and will continue to be) such great training partners. It really wouldn't be the same without you all. Training alone can be cool but the down time gets dull quick and the sessions become shorter and a lot less productive so thanks for all of your motivation and energy guys and gals.

Of course I'm not so loopy as to have forgotten real rock all together. In fact, I made my first trip back to the Valley last week and it was perfect. It felt so good to be hanging in the forest with good friends and perfect stone. I only climbed on stuff that was new to me too! Didn't even stop by to say hello to 'Dogwood', that's a big step for me. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I'll have a chance to try it in the next few days though.

I have some video from one of my new favorite problems but its going to have to wait until I get some other problems recorded before I put the footage up. It'll be worth the wait, the newness is quintessential Yosemite climbing courtesy of Randy Puro. Very choice.

3 comments:

J V said...

I'm sore.

casey said...

it's been nice seeing you around more!

shannon said...

Ask Townsend what he really thinks of this post...