Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dogs

I wish I was posting about a new big send but that's not in the cards tonight. Instead I just want to express my sympathies to two good friends who lost a member of their family on Monday. To non dog owners it may seem silly how invested we are in our 'pets,' but to those of us who know better, it is extremely painful to say goodbye to ones' canine companion. Hearing Tim's voice on the phone was enough to make my eyes water and seeing the pain in Patti's eyes made my heart ache. I know from experience that this kind of grieving does not pass easily, nor should it, but I hope the two of you know that your friends love you and are here if you need us.

4 comments:

Alan Moore said...

death is always sad, but that being said, i will never understand dog owners.

Alan Moore said...

correction: death is often sad. i can think of a few examples in which it isn't, or at least, wouldn't be. Dick Chaney?

Robyn said...

This is robyn by the way.

sock hands said...

very sorry to hear this. the pain is real. i think it is rooted in the unconditional love of a dog and you're responsibility for its wellbeing.

best wishes to them