Sunday, October 14, 2007

No News is Good News

I came home to Davis this weekend for my mom's wedding. Not long after I arrived I was informed that one of my friends was particularly worried for my health because I had not posted in a while. I assure you all I'm fine and have just been consumed with work, climbing, and visiting with friends.

While many of you may have already heard that Alex and Thomas Huber have broken the speed record on the Nose by about 3min., most of you were probably unaware of another attempt on this rout that was only interesting because of how it ended. Apparently a couple of gumbies trying their luck on this route could properly attach there "poop tube" (a modified bear canister) to their haul bag properly and launched it from just below the "stove legs" pitch. By the grace of God there had yet to be any fecal matter deposited in said container and fortunately no one was hurt by the falling receptacle. Word on the street is that the two would be ascentionist have not given up yet and may be returning in the spring for a second attempt. Be very afraid.





If you're interested in more bouldering news I've made my first contribution to the Betabase website. Check it out.

5 comments:

Alan Moore said...

God damn gumbies on el cap...

Susy said...

ya gotta wonder about the deleted comment on the betabase site? The el cap attempt sounds more like a practice round to work out all the kinks before the real deal which should be awesome. When it happens know that mama will not settle for no news is good news!
I want the first call to hear "I did it"

jigme said...

God damn gumbies on el cap, one of whom also poses in full-ranger garb snuggling with an adorable black bear cub. Of course I was worried...

J V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyn said...

The deleted post was a guy writing about a hold breaking off of another climb. It didn't seem relevant to Justin's post. It's awesome to have Justin contributing to BetaBase. Sorry to have missed you in the Valley yesterday. Let's climb this weekend!

-Lyn