Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve, Hueco

Becky and I are here in west Texas enjoying some free Internet and catching up on Facebook (barf in mouth). We've had two nice days of climbing sandwiching a day of snow in between. The white stuff was pretty to look at but I'll be happier in the long run if the sunny but cold weather continues. Today, our second rest day, Kevin and I built the dog run on Adam and Melissa's property so now home base is all set for a long stay. I'll take pictures a post them soon so everyone can see the results of our hard work (I know the wait will be painful).

Climbing has gone well so far. Yesterday Becky looked great sending the three classics 'Hobbit in a Blender', 'Dragonfly', and 'Warm-up Roof'. I managed to tick two cool problems as well, 'Le Chninkel,' an excellent Fred Nicole problem, and 'Ultramega'. A good start to the trip, and we're off to North Mtn. tomorrow!

I hope everyone has a great New Year's!

No comments: